Thursday, December 17, 2009

Boys Suck

I'm sure I'm not the only teen girl whose been thoroughly upset with the collection of boys presented in front of her. At my school, there's a rare breed of boys that might actually have something going for them and those boys are usually in a relationship because somebody has been smart enough to snatch them up and make them their own. For me, I'm one of the not-so-lucky girls who waited all this time to find a decent person of the opposite sex to start a relationship with and all too late to do so. I've recently talked about breaking up with a boy from a different school and realized that dating someone from a different school is much too difficult with everything I've got going on in my life so I decided that the searching needed to be done within the Kennedy walls. I began checking out the junior boys of class most of which are either immature, taken, or just plain stupid none of which I can find any remote interest in besides one of the biggest flirts whom I could never take seriously. So then, I moved onto seniors. Of course, we've got lots of seniors some cute, some ugly, some short, some fat, a little bit of everything. A fruit salad, if you ask me. Some seniors are already too college-crazed. Partying all the time, not doing their homework, and acting like they own the school. For those seniors, all I have to say is grow up. Some day they're going to miss this place and want to come back and re-live their senior year, and it's gonna be too late. There's also some seniors who are too full of themselves and the sports they play. Let's get real here: not all girls love a big huge jock whose too cocky to actually care or for that matter, commit and those are ones I try to stay clear of cause I guarantee all they'll do is break my heart. But then again, there's a couple seniors who really have stuff going for them. They're nice and sweet, cute and funny, and involve themselves in schoolwork and athletics never having too much fun but allowing themselves to let loose at times. Now those seniors are my type of people and the type of boy I want to date. I wouldn't say I'm picky when it comes to boys cause I have dated a variety, I just want someone who's gonna treat me right. I've always had a crush on this senior, who shall go unnamed and referred to as "Bob". Bob and I hit it off my freshman year when I dumped my boyfriend and his then best friend. We ended up talking alot and realizing we had alot in common. We began hanging out due to the fact our houses are in close vicinity and we were both "looking for love". Until I found it with someone else and began a two year venture that ended badly. While doing so, Bob found someone else too and has been in a serious relationship since my sophomore year and into the first month of this year until he ended it because he just didn't want to date her anymore. Throughout everything, Bob and I have still kept in touch; talked alot, seen eachother in the halls, texted, and been good friends. I got to know Bob alot more than I ever thought I would and when things were going badly in my relationship, I looked to Bob for comfort. So when my relationship ended and his didn't, I still liked Bob but decided that waiting wasn't my answer. I met Jon and we dated briefly, nothing serious and ended within a month. Bob, however, got out of his serious relationship and has remained single ever since. So you think it'd be the perfect time for me and Bob to hit it off right? Yeah, I thought so too. Bob and I kept talking and began hanging out and it was like nothing had changed. We hadn't really told anyone because it's not anyone else's business but ours. You know how girls are though, me especially, wanting to tell their friends every detail of their life when it comes to boys so of course I had told some of my best girlfriends about it and they were all happy for me. One day, while walking out to my car in the school parking lot, I was stopped by a senior guy whom I'm relatively close friends with. I was texting Bob and he asked me about it and I just told him that Bob and I were possibly trying things out because I maybe sorta kinda had a crush on him (okay yeah, I like him). He seemed happy for me and that was the end of the conversation. Over the past couple weeks, Bob and I have been hanging out alot and it's going really well until this morning. A guy in my first hour class, whose on the basketball team with Bob, confronted me about hanging out with Bob and made fun of me for kissing him. I denied that we were kissing because I mean really, whose business? Not his. But of course, he kept it going. So, I texted Bob letting him know what was happening and just like that: Bob snapped. He started yelling at me for telling people because now all his guy friends were asking him about it and he was getting upset. Then, I preceeded to yell right back. If he liked me, then why did it matter if people knew? It shouldn't. He should be proud to be talking to me. But obviously, that doesn't seem to be the case. Instead, Bob continued to freak and finally just said he doesn't think we should hang out anymore. Seriously? What do you think? Am I crazy mad for being upset at Bob over stupid rumors? Let's be real here. It's so not fair that Bob gets upset over something so little. I guess maybe I've realized Bob doesn't see me the way I thought he did. I mean I know were not dating but I figured with time that would come and that's why I've been okay with just hanging out and talking but not dating. But you know what? Screw it. Bob can go to Hell for all I care. Okay, not literally but come on settle down Bob! If you don't want other people to know then clearly this isn't going anywhere and I want out before it gets too far ahead for me to try and stop liking me. I want some answers Bob and I want them now. I'm done waiting because, as best put by Sam (played by Hilary Duff) in the movie A Cinderella Story ,

"Waiting for you is like waiting for rain in a drought, useless and disappointing!"

So give me an answer. Today. Not tomorrow, not the next day, not next week, not next month, or next year, Now. Because this whole "I like you but.." second grade sh** is getting really old and frankly, I'm not gonna put up with it. For all my boy situations, I've come to one conclusion: BOYS SUCK.





No comments:

Post a Comment