Friday, December 11, 2009

New Do Inspires

I've never been fully confident with myself. I've always found something I didn't like, want to change, or can try and improve about my physical appearance. After the recent break up with my boyfriend, I've thought down about myself thinking something MUST be wrong with the way I look if he dumped me. So, this past snow day I dyed my hair from blonde to mahagony brown. I guess you could say it was more than a small change; it was drastic. It took alot of courage and some definite getting used to but overall I really like it. It's helped me become more confident with myself and other people have noticed it too. I want to say that it's an improvement but yet again I find myself doubting. By dying my hair I realized, it's not all about my outer apperance, it's what's on the inside that counts even more. Maybe he broke up with me because of my personality: my stupid jokes, my weird laugh, my sense of humor, my gullability, my silliness. The attributes that make up my own character. He must not like them and up until these past few moments I've thought that I could change to become the person he wanted and needed me to be. I've realized that it shouldn't matter what my physical appearance is and if he doesn't like my inner appearance then so what? I will find someone who can appreciate the weird things about me that make me who I am. I shouldn't have to change who I am for someone who doesn't understand me. I can't believe it has taken me this long to realize it but living in the materialistic world I do where I am constantly judged by what I wear, what I do with my hair, how I walk, how I talk, where I'm from, where I live, what kind of car I drive, everything has formed me into a person I don't even recognize anymore. I used to think that there was always something more that I could do with my life, volunteering was my way. I used to think there was always something more that I could do about my grades, so I started coming in for extra help and got them raised. And I used to think that there was always something more that I could do for my family, so I started helping more around the house. None of those things have been evident in my life these past few months and I feel I've lost sight of who I truly am. Dying my hair reminded me that it's not all about who I want to be or want to look like but about who I am and that I look like myself. Changing my hair doesn't alter the human being I am it only makes my appearance different and new. It has inspired me to become the human I once was and to take every change and accept it for what it is and to make the most of it. To grow from it, to learn from it, and to become better from it. As quoted by Batman101...

“Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted.”


See the beauty in change and embrace it. Don't accept normality. Be abnormal, be different, be you because no one can make it work the way you do. If changing your outer appearance makes you feel bettter, then do it! For one time in your life, it's all about you. Make it count. Carpe diem! Seize the Day! Make every moment worthwhile and make every change, be it big or small, count.

No comments:

Post a Comment