Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Epitome of Dancers

The cheerleaders vs. the dancers. It's a common high school and even life situation. The cheerleaders don't like the dancers because they try and take the stage too often, they wear too tight of clothes, and dancing isn't a sport. Likewise, dancers don't like cheerleaders because they're voices are annoying, they're uniforms are too tight, and cheerleading isn't a sport. I know that I've done my fair share of discussing why I don't think dancing should be considered a sport and I bet many have done the same with cheerleading. I'll tell you right off the bat that I don't think dancing should be a sport and therefore, I am bias because I'm a cheerleader and believe that cheerleading should be considered a sport. But I'm not here to trash the dancers, okay maybe just a little because I think lately the school's been a little ridiculous when it comes to them. Our school dance team is going to Florida for nationals this upcoming weekend. They're competing in jazz, poms, and hip-hop and they think they've got a real shot at winning it. I know I'm not much of a judge but if you're off during practice, off during performances, chances are you're going to be off during competitions. But hey, that's just me maybe they'll pull through and actually win something for a change. Anyways, all the dance team girls cannot stop talking about it. Florida, florida, florida blah blah blah. I know that I get to go to Florida in a month for cheerleading nationals and have I made a big deal out of it? Not so much, except maybe on my blog which literally no one reads. They've been tanning so much I can't even tell what's real or not. They all look fake and they're becoming something they don't need to be. The other dancers from our town, Linn-Mar (cross town rivalries) are also going to Nationals but they've been tanning since the day they entered high school so it doesn't really change much for them. But I guess what I'm scared of most is our girls turning into those dancers. The ones who think they're all that by the way they walk, talk, and dance like little sluts. They piss me off and I hope to god our dancers don't become that just because Linn-Mar may win a competition for shaking their asses and turning on the judges. I think it's pathetic when you can get first place for shaking what your momma gave ya for two minutes straight and win a trophy? That has nothing to do with dancing at all and even I, a non-dancer, can tell you that the slutty dancers aren't dancers at all. Instead, they're little hyped up full of themselves self-loving whores. I'm being harsh though. WhileI don't know any of our dancers on a personal level, most seem to be pleasant and nice. Nothing out of the ordinary and only a couple I would consider a little more slutty than the others. But the Linn-Mar girls, don't even get me started. Whatever though. I'm writing this because the dancers are walking around like they own the school just because they're going somewhere big to compete. Big whoop. It's not that big of a deal or at least it shouldn't be and I'm sick of it. I hope they go down there, hit their stuff, come back, and realize what fools they made of themselves and maybe, just maybe, they'll actually start taking some dance classes or going to a ballet class, one that requires you to wear more than skin tight booty shorts and "dancers bra" (tight little sports bra). I just think I'd like to see more skill from our dancers and less showoffiness. I know I'm being harsh on them but I know they're harsh on us too. I guess I don't want their to be a rivalry but sometimes it's what makes cheerleading interesting. We all act like we're friends with each other but secretly sometimes we just wanna pull each other's hair out and telll each other they suck at the non-sport they do. I wanna see some skill from our dancers and I want them to focus more on making dancing a sport. I guess I'd like them to show me why dancing should be considered a sport and then maybe I'll change my views .But probably not. After all, I have very strong opinions none of which are in their favor being a cheerleader and all.

Signed,

-Pissed off Cheerleader

IF you for some odd reason wanna keep up on the dancers while they're in Florida, here's the UDA website:

www.UDA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment