Monday, March 8, 2010

In Preparation

Countdown: 2 DAYS!!!!!!!! That's right. Just two. Forty eight hours. I'm so excited! And in case you absent-mindedly forgot what is in two days (It's okay, I'll forgive you just this once), I'm leaving for Orlando, Florida for cheerleading nationals. We had our last practice yesterday and it went really well and it makes me even more pumped because we nailed all of our run-throughs. I felt bad though because all of our seniors were crying at the end. Our very last routine was the best out of all of them and even though it was the last time we would ever perform in our own home gym with this AMAZING team, things for me weren't as sad as I expected them. You should probably know first off that I'm a pretty emotional person (inherited from my mother) and I cry at almost everything so I assumed I would be waterworks also. But, I just couldn't cry and that's a good thing. I was so happy, there wasn't room for tears because when I think about the season this team has had, I can't help but smile. We've gotten first at every single competition we've been too and grand champs at all but two. We've rocked the score sheets, we've acquired some screaming fans, and we've grown closer as a family and a team. I would give anything for anyone of my teammates, I love them all and even though the season is coming to an end alot of the friendships I have made will last a lifetime. But enough with all the gooey crap, it's time for me to tell you all about preparing for my second trip to the sunniest place on Earth.

Last year, was my first year there and I had no idea what to expect so I packed practically my entire wardrobe, and then some. This year, I know that I'm probably not going to need more than a good solid five outfits, most of which consist of t-shirts, soffee shorts, sweatshirt, sweatpants, and a pair of jean shorts. But I'm also going to be bringing more: hairspray, bobby pins, hair ties, make up, socks, underwear, etc. I also have to have an extensive collection of food for the 23 hour bus ride (yuckk!) and for my roomies. I am blessed to have an awesome group of roommates: Chelsea, Kassiani, and Laura all of whom I'm really close friends with both in and outside of cheerleading. I guess it makes me even more happy about going up there! Anyways, for food I plan on bringing: peanut butter M&M's, Chips Ahoy chewy cookies, Granola bars, strawberries, juicy juice juice boxes, goldfish, fruit snacks, Vitamin water, chips, pretzels, and money for fast food on the way up and back. I plan on packing everything in my closet that's black, orange, and green and Iowa Elite related. I have to bring lots of money for food there and for nationals clothing!! That's probably the best part of it all is getting to go shopping at the clothing store for cheerleading nationals because there's soo much stuff it's impossible not to find a million things and more that you want! Plus, I have $50 of my own secret stash that my rents don't know about that I plan on taking with me to spend on clothing since last year I was conservative and didn't spend alot on clothes, but now I'm gonna!!

Anyways, I'm doing alot of rambling with this blog. Most of which, needs to stop because I'm going to be leaving class in about five minutes. So I guess I'll conclude with our team quote which is also placed on our nationals t-shirts, which has stayed true our entire season. Oh, and please wish us GOOD LUCK!:)

"A dream is a wish your heart makes...it takes the strength of a team to accomplish a dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment