Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WPA


WPA. For those of you who don't know what it stands for, WPA means Women Pay All. It's a dance that our school hosts each year during the month of March and it's a little less formal than Homecoming. High school dances have always been fun for me. I love getting all dressed up. I love wearing dresses. I love getting my hair done. I love being tan. I love going out to eat with a huge group. I love wearing a corsage. I love pictures. I love dancing all night long. Everything about a dance makes me happy and WPA is just another one of those dances that I love. This year, I'm taking my neighbor Cody and I'm pretty pumped about it because we're just friends. You see, the past couple years I always took someone I was talking to, or a boy that I liked but this year I decided to take my neighbor for two reasons. One, because he has never been to a school dance and as much as he hates to admit it, I think he regrets not going to any dances and he really wants to go to one. Second, because we're neighbors and JUST friends and so I know there's no pressure for us about becoming something more after the dance. Okay, I'm not gonna lie to you when I first asked Cody I maybe had a teeny crush on him but I've realized that I do truly just want our friendship to stay the way it is. In the future, maybe there's potential but for right now my life is solid with just his friendship. I feel kind of bad though, because I think he misinterpretated me asking him as a sign of me liking him. But, after talking to his friends and what not I think he got the picture that being just friends was what I wanted, and eventually now I think he's okay with it. I'm really excited though because my dress is super gorgeous. Now, usually my dresses are super gorgeous anyways but this one is in top three for sure! It's white and has sparkly sequins at the top, a satin strip of white in the middle, and ruffles all the way down to my knees in white. There's a picture of it above, but that one is the black version. Anyways, I have super tall high heels, cus Cody towers over me, and some cute earrings, bracelet, and ring! I think I'm getting my hair done at Cost Cutters and just wearing it curled and down. We're getting pictures and eating dinner at Elmcrest Country Club, in a big group of people that both Cody and I are friends with. I'm excited to see the other girls dresses and even more excited for pictures. I already told you about my spray tan, and I have to either get a french manicure or just paint them silver. I don't know yet. I'm super excited!! And now I'm rambling and I ought to get my other work done so I'll talk to you all later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment