Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Make Up Work=DEATH

I HATE MAKE UP WORK! It's death to my entire life. No joke. Not only am I drowning in homework that has to be made up from the three and a half days I was gone from school, but the teachers decide to work at a rapid pace to get us to some point they'd like us to get to before Spring Break, and they're piling on the tests and work all together. Now usually, I'm a pretty good student. I told my teachers well in advance and got most of my make up work for when I was going to be gone and I thought I'd get a majority of it done on the nationals bus. Unfortunately, I underestimated the fact that the bus is super uncomfortable and bumpy, hard to see in it, and the noise level was obviously at an all time high except for at night time. So, I didn't get as much as I had planned on done on the buses not a big deal because I thought I was going to be staying home from school tuesday. Keyword: thought. You see last year when I got back from Nationals, around 8 PM, I was completely exhausted and wanted nothing but sleep. My parents let me sleep in and when I woke up I got to spend the day recovering and doing the homework I didn't get done. So I assumed this year would be the exact same, obviously I was wrong. This year, we got home at about 730 PM. I got home, still exhausted, and went to bed after a little time chit chatting with the family. I went to sleep without setting my alarm because I assumed I'd be sleeping the day away. Anyways, my mom came in at about 630 AM to see what time I wanted to wake up for school. I laughed because I thought it was a complete joke. I thought she knew I was sleeping in for a while and then I'd eventually get up and do all my homework. But she thought it was just absurd that I was going to be staying home so she preceeded to get my father to come in and yell at me for being irresponsible and not going to school. So, despite the fact that I had close to none of my make up work done, I went to school at 11 am and attended all but two of my classes. Then, I got the pleasure of working all night and coming home and staying up until 1230 am trying to get just half of the work done, most of which failed and was very unsuccessful. So anyways, now I'm desperately scrambling, two nights before spring break, to get myself caught up in all my classes and thus far, it's going shitty. I thought I'd take a break and get my mind off school for a while by writing this blog but instead it's taunting me, telling me to go get my homework done!! So, I'm going to go study for some tests and quizzes that I hopefully don't completely bomb tomorrow.

PEACE.


P.s....................................................................................
Listening to music helps me get in focus when I do my hw.
Go to www.youtube.com and type in any song you want to hear. I guarantee you'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment