Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preparation

"If one asks for success and prepares for failure, he will get the
situation he has prepared for."

-Florence Scovel Shinn


Preparation is key, as my mother always told me. It's not about knowing what to do, it's about how you get there. For me, being prepared is one of the most important things in life because it has the chance, in essence, to make or break me. That's why I've always found it necessary to continually organize and prepare myself. I do this by keeping a planner and using it continually, by keeping a mental schedule, by working ahead on homework, by keeping myself in-line and self-discipline to get my goals accomplished and by never losing site of what I long to become: a pediatrician. If I keep my goals in reasonable reaching distance, then I can truly achieve. If I set my goals too high, I know that they're harder to reach. But I also know that if I set my goals too low, I can never get what I've earned. That's why I've set my goals within reach, not too high, not too low, at just the right amount. I've also learned to take constructive criticism and work with it. I used to be so stubborn and strong-willed, I know that I'm not ever going to lose that sense of me, but I've also learned to deal with it. Not everyone is going to like what I'm about or who I am and I have to learn to take that and run with it. I can try as hard as I can to be the best person I can be and if people don't accept that, then I just have to live. Forgive and forget, is best for me. And to live and to learn. I guess I'm writing this post more because I've come to some self-realization: I am me. Love me or hate me; that is the question. But the answer, for me, is okay either way. I've become myself and will reach my goals through preparation. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment