Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spray Tan

Normally, I'm pretty pro-tanning. I don't think it's too harmful to occasionally step inside a tanning bed and touch up the pasty skin. I don't think I'm going to die from it, develop skin cancer, or get a disease. I think it's not only a self-confidence booster but it makes me feel a hell of a lot prettier. I hate how fakely tan some girls can get, so that's why I only use it on occasion. Plus, as I'm sure you know it costs money for minutes and with my skin type, I usually have to use alot of minutes anyways to get any results so hence, I use the time I do buy wisely. That being said, WPA is just around the corner. Okay, now literally it's two days away but a week or so ago when I began stressing about the issue that my dress is white and body being white matching that just wouldn't do, I didn't think a week would be enough time to get to the ungodly tan I wanted to be for the dance. Normally, I go tanning for about three weeks before a dance that way I have a solid base tan, and then the week before I go almost everyday to get a nice, good color that looks awesome for dances. This year, I just honestly wasn't thinking ahead and did nothing about it. Knowing that I was leaving for Florida, however, I didn't think much of it and decided the tan I got in Florida would probably be sufficient enough. However, I seemed to have missed the fact that Florida isn't ALWAYS sunny, despite it's preconcieved notions of being the sunniest place on Earth. So, it rained nearly 2/3 of the time I spent down there, and needless to say I came back with little, if any, added color to my skin. Now, it was time for panic mode as the day for WPA doomed closer and closer, and still my body was not the color I wanted it to be. As the saying goes,

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

I was thinking my only options were to go in to my tanning place, buy a shit ton of minutes, and go tanning every single day for the next four days that I had until the dance. However, I knew that not only would this cost me probably $40 (tanning minute prices are crazy these days, I tell ya), but it still wouldn't get me to the color I wanted to be. So what's a girl to do? I needed a quick fix tan and fast. So, I ended up coming to the conclusion of getting a spray tan. A spray tan is exactly how it sounds. You stand in a tanning bed and let this bronzer-looking substance spray all over your body for about five minutes and VOILA you have beautifully tan skin in a matter of minutes that lasts 7-10 days. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical to get one just because my first one I got freshman year was a disaster. The tanning place didn't know how to work the machine and I ended up being sprayed with water a couple times before I got the orange, nasty look that it gave me. I wasn't impressed nor pleased with the results, and that's why until now I had completely banned them from my tanning scene. But as the saying goes, I needed it to be done. So, I took a chance. I went to a place called TanWorld, known for there great tanning beds and lotions and got a spray tan there. Not only am I satisfied with my color, but I smell good (thanks to adding drops of coconut lime scent to the mixture), and look good too! The color turned out fantastically. No streaks, no anything. Just beautiful and bronze. Now, I can't WAIT for WPA to be here already. I'm super excited! So for girls out there having issues with tanning, try a spray tan out. I'd recommend TanWorld.

No comments:

Post a Comment