Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In Maturing..

It's my junior year of high school and I can't wait to get out! I know when I'm much older and more mature with my life I'll look back on my high school years and miss them dearly but right now its as if high school will never end! Sure, having friends and living life is great but the homework is about as much as I can bare. I don't like it all and I just want to live on my own. I love my family dearly but sometimes they drive me up the wall and I really need some personal space. With that in mind, I cannot stop thinking about COLLEGE :):):) I'm so excited because in just two years I'll be living it up having the time of my life and starting out my career in medicine. Sounds simple enough right? Ha I wish. Now you may think I'm a bit college crazed for thinking about it this far away but with my boyfriend being a senior and going off to college just next year I've begun thinking about college too. Plus, I have a ton of friends that are seniors that go to my school and it seems like the end of the year is all that's on their mind. They've been through plenty standardized tests, essays, and applications and many of them are still in the application process and as much as they don't like it, they're gonna be really excited! Recently, I wrote an essay for my AP Lang class in which I talked about my most embarrassing moment in front of all the seniors as a freshman. It was only then I realized I'm gonna be a senior next year. One more year, and I will finally be at the top of the food chain. I can sit on the senior bench, I can yell my heart out at basketball and football games, I can tell stupid freshman to move out of the way, and I can leave class early simply because I'm a senior. When I think about it, senior year really ISN'T going to be a breeze for me. I take a rigorous course load this year, with three college level courses, and next year I will be taking five. I think I've developed a good method of note taking and studying that will benefit me in college. And something new that I've just tried this year has really been working for me and that is: listening to classical music while I do my homework. It has helped me retain alot of information and therefore do better on my tests and I plan to stick with this for a while. Since I'm all in the College mood, I guess I'd better talk how I got to wear I am and how I plan on getting where I want to go. As a sixth grader, I began involving myself in as many activities as possible. Sports, academics, clubs, retreats, you name it I did it. I kept myself busy throughout all of my middle school years and practically ran the school my eighth grade year, being best friends with all of the counselors and having a close relationship with my principal. I was praised for lots of things, for my leadership, my grades, my willingness to learn, my involvement, everything I never thought it'd be different in high school but guess what? It was. Not only was I not as involved, but my grades were not as high as I had hoped. Sure, I still got A's but it was harder. I actually had to WORK for them and it sucked because I really wasn't used to it. I got better at studying, better at work ethic, and better at keeping up with my school work and allowed myself some time for school cheerleading. But I'll admit: I was lazy. I rarely ever did anything, always came home right after school, and never really had as big of an involvement in my school and take shame in that. My sophomore year I started becoming more involved. I did more clubs, despite the fact that I was scared I wouldn't fit in or laughed at, but did them anyways and actually made some great friends from it. I took some harder classes that year, and even was involved in Student Government and I did something more with my time. I began volunteering at the hospital and joined a competitive cheerleading team. I've realized one thing: I'm happier when I'm busier. When I'm bored, I generally eat. I know, it's a bad habit but it's what I do because I can't ever decide something meaningful to do. Now that I'm more involved, I do less of being bored, and more of being involved. My junior year has gone pretty well thus far. It's great being on the Varsity cheerleading team and cheering at the big games and taking hard classes I know will benefit me in the long run. I hope to do more things with my high school career and see where that I will take me. I plan on attending the University of Iowa and studying to become a pediatrician and help kids around the world. I don't know where I want to live, but I know I will want to be relatively close to my family. As for now, I'm just living my life as best I can and doing what I think is right. I'm becoming more mature, more of an adult ,and for me that is making me a truly happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment