Sunday, October 18, 2009

Swine is Mine

So this weekend has been quite eventful. As I told you, we had a cheerleading competition in Peoria, Illinois this weekend for my competitive cheerleading team Iowa Elite. This is one of the biggest competitions that we go to and let me tell you, it sure was big. First off, I'll tell you a little history of my week so you'll know exactly what I'm feeling like. Wednesday I had the PSAT at the KTOS center and it was relatively easy. I got back to school for the last two classes and had a ton of make up work. Then, I had practice that night and I was not feeling like working out for two hours but I did so anyways. On Thursday, I had to go to sign making after school til six and then come home and get ready to go out to dinner with my, well, as of Thursday, my boyfriend. It was his birthday and so of course I had to look nice so I didn't spend any time on my homework until I got home at 10. I was up until midnight or so and then couldn't fall asleep and had to wake up at 6 to go in for extra help with my chemistry teacher. Then, I had a game Friday night and was up until 11:30 and had to wake up at four so my mother could curl my hair for the competition. I had officially hit rock bottom and I was not excited at all to be going to the gym to lie on an uncomfortable bus full of loud cheerleaders. Least to say, I got no sleep what so ever. When we got there, we immediately stretched, warmed up, and then we performed and were done by 11. We waited maybe twenty minutes til they started awards and guess what? WE TOOK FIRST :):):) All my icky feelings of getting up early, running low on sleep, and not having good food to eat went away temporarily but now was the hard part. We had competed in Session 1 of the competition and there was still 3 left that we had to sit through before our youth team came and performed and we had to be there until their awards at six. By the way, our all girl team which competed in Session 1 also was originally announced as third place but the judges so wrongfully switched first and third and instead all girl got FIRST PLACE ALSO!! Our coaches were so happy the rest of the day and our youth team placed 3rd out of 14 so it was a really good day!!! Anyways, we sat in the stands for a couple hours, unable to move, unable to talk, just wanting to go home. It was good team bonding I'd say and then we all went to the warm-up gym and that's where things went wrong. H1N1 has been going around this country like wild fire and recently five girls on our team were diagnosed. Because the competition was so big they refused to miss it and came and guess what? They were exposed to ALL of us ALL day. Everyone on the team is officially sick with something. I have a temperature of 103 and a horrible cough and worse, my body is so sore. All the symptoms of swine flu. You know I really don't feel like missing school for a week because I know that the make up work would be unbearable but at the same time I need to get better. You know this feels worse than the flu, I feel like I can't breathe and I've been stuck in my house all day. I've caught up on watching some really good movies and this may be good for weight loss cause I haven't eaten since yesterday at noon. I know for sure I wont be going to school tomorrow (ugh) and probably not Tuesday either. I hope to God that it doesn't get to the point where I have to go to the hospital but if it does I'd be sure to let you know. As for now, I'm gonna go take some ibuprofen (which I have been on for the last 24 hours) and try to get some sleep. My electric blanket really comes in handy right now cause I have the worst case of the chills. As for the Swine flu here are the symptoms: fever, headache, cough, trouble breathing, and body aches. Check, check, check, check, and CHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment