Thursday, October 15, 2009

So Bright!

In my future, I hope to become a pediatrician. What is that might you ask? Well, it's a doctor that deals specifically with kids. I have always had close relationships with my two youngest siblings since the day they were born. Like a protective mother, I protect them with my life. I am careful with them and I treat them as if they were my own kids. I always held them when they cried, laughed with them, and tried to make their cute little faces smile because to me, that means the world. I know that helping kids is something that I want to do because I love them. I have had so much experience with babysitting that it seems inevitable. I know that medical school is going to be tough, but I have a very good work ethic. I work hard in school to get good grades and I work hard in my household to help improve my family. I know that I want to make something of myself, I want to change someone's life, and if I can make just one kids day better, I will know that I have been successful. Now that you know what I want to do with my life, I guess I better tell you how I plan to get there. Pediatrics is not an easy road by ANY means. You have to go to college and THEN go to medical school THEN residency and THEN you can either get a job or try and make it on your own. I plan to attend the University of Iowa for my first four years, and possibly go to Minnesota for my medical years, I want to do my residency at a big name hospital there because they are one of the largest hospitals in the United States and therefore I would get a lot of good experience. As much as I love Cedar Rapids, I don't know if I want to stay here for the rest of my life. My family has lived here since the day I was born, I've grown up here, but I've also experienced homely feelings in other states, in other towns, in other cities, and I know that someday I will get along just fine in whatever environment or place I choose to live. Kids really do make the world go round, without the previous generations how would we have progressed to the one were currently living in? I hope to continue the legacy that our ancestors have created for us, and start new generations for the world to come so that I know when I die, the future of the world is very bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment