Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stupid High School Rumors

I'm sure I'm not the only victim of vicious high school rumors either about me or somehow related with my name. They cause so many issues for everyone and seriously unneeded. Drama is something that consumes most teenage girls life. It's always about boys too. I personally try and keep myself clear of this as I know the damage it can do. I've befriended all of the girls on my cheerleading team and formed close friendships with each. I've known the gossip that they talk. I know their lives and I also know or I thought I knew that they'd never involve me in the stuff they talked. But, I was wrong. High school girls are catty. They're always trying to make themselves look better by putting others down. It makes me sick thinking of the numerous things I've heard about other girls, and sometimes makes me laugh to hear some of the ridiculous rumors that go around about me. Likewise, Im sure other girsl have heard ridiculous things and have chosen to take them way too seriously then they need to be. But when things get mixed around and words and rumors get started, it's best to stay clear and I've learned that the hard way. The other day I was confronted by a classmate, whom is the boyfriend of one of my very good cheerleading friends. He simply told me that I needed to stop running my mouth about his girlfriend and a guy she supposedly did something with. I was shocked that he accused me of it and immediately I jumped to the defensive. Of course I wouldn't say that and it's absurd to think I did. It really upset and hurt me that he would think I would do that and it made me realize how bad of a friend some people really are. The true person who started the rumors, which I'm going to assume are two girls that will go unnamed, involved my name because they had told me about the rumors and when it came to it they didn't want to get blamed and that's where my name came in. It sucked to get accused, but I realized it must have sucked even worse for Amy to hear that I had started bad rumors about her. First off, you don't know who this girl is but she is the absolute sweetest person you have ever met. She never says bad things about anyone and she's always positive in the worst situations. She's always encouraging others and never bringing them down and here she was being brought down. I felt awful, just awful and sick. I hadn't said the rumors, but I had heard them and I had not stopped them and for that, I felt the worst. I didn't want her to think I would do that and I also wanted her to know how sorry I was for not stopping them when they came my way. Though we talked it out, it taught me an important life lesson that I'd like to share with everyone in hopes that they can not only learn from my experience, but help preach to the choir. This lesson and advice was given to me by Amy and I think she really speaks a good word.

"Names attached with rumors are just as fake as the rumors themselves!"

She's right. Rumors are fake that's why they're given the name rumors but the people who start them are even more fake. I'm not going to lie to you and say that I'm a perfect little angel because god knows I'm far from that and yes, it's hard to admit I've dealt with my fair share rumors sometimes helping them along and for that I truly do feel sorry. I've let myself get caught up in the drama of high school rumors and I've allowed myself to spread the rumors. But I'm done with this b.s. and I've made a vow to myself to try my best to stay out of rumors because that's all they are. Nothing to consume your life with and nothing you should have to worry about. Be you for you and don't let the rumors get inside your head. People will understand and realize the true you not because of rumors or because of what they've heard but because of the way you treat them. And those who allow themselves to judge others based on rumors, don't deserve to be your friend. I've learned the hard way that even when you don't directly start the rumors, they can easily be associated with you and it can put others down and it's one of the worst feelings in the world. So, I say, goodbye and gooday to rumors cus I am
D-O-N-E!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment