Wednesday, April 7, 2010

ACT?

ACT.



Just the acronym gives a bit of the shivers. Why? Perhaps because it determines the fate of my success in applying at colleges, perhaps because it only means the world to my mother and father to do well on it, perhaps because there's possibility that if I do bad, I could end up in no college, living on the streets, as a hobo, lifeless, collecting plastic cans and using newspaper as means of a blanket. Okay, maybe that's a bit overboard, perhaps a little insane but the ACT means alot alot alot. Mostly to my parents, but also to me. The ACT is a standardized test that tests your knowledge on subjects like english, math, reading, and science all in one. The ACT can be scored from a 1-36, and it is possible to get a perfect. A good score, I'd say, is a 30, and I'm hoping to meet or even excel that goal. I've been doing several things to get myself prepared: I've been reading some books, practicing math problems, and reviewing my science notes from previous years, but the most important thing I've done to prepare myself is taken the practice test questions to the ACT website: www.act.org. This website has been like an online study guide for me. I've practiced each of the sets of questions multiple times. It's good to say that I initially got a majority of the answers right my first time but even better that I read through why I got them wrong several times to understand what I was doing wrong and make sure I don't make the same mistake when practicing or on the test. Tonight is Friday, the night before the exam, and I'm pretty nervous. I got some fuel food for the morning however. Like toast, a banana, and an egg because it's full of protein, potassium, and the fuel I need to keep my brain working for a couple hours at 8 am in the morning. Yeah I know it sucks having to wake up that early on a Saturday morning and even worse that it's at school but I'm actually just ready to get it done and over with. Once I'm done with this, I can focus on studying for my AP exams which are coming up just around the corner, which I've discussed with you previously. Anyways, tonight all I have on the agenda is studying, eating, studying, cheer tryouts, eating, studying, sleep. All in that order. No, I'm not going out despite the fact that it is a Friday night, a weekend night, instead I am what some people may call cramming but I generally call reviewing and preparing. For me, this feels just right and what I plan on doing the remainder of the evening. So while all you other cool cats are out there painting the town red, I'm sitting at a home like a good little student attaching my eyes to a 10 by 10 screen, answering test questions, OH JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment