Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Cold


So we've all heard of the usual wintery cold that plagues nearly half of America each winter season comes about, but not many have heard of a spring cold. Well guess what? It's here and it's attacking. At least me. I'm currently coughing all the time, my throat is so sore and swollen, and my nose is stuffed. Pretty typical of a cold right? Yes, right only a couple kids think I have allergies. Got me thinking: allergies are usually a seasonal thing right? Right. Well, this cold came about when Spring came about. Allergies cause irritation to eyes right? Right. Well, my eyes have been a little puffy and red, and a bit sensitive EVER since i got this cold. Allergies also happen when pollen count is high right? Well, guess what? The pollen count in Cedar Rapids is raising the roofs currently. So, maybe, just maybe, even though I've never had them before I just might have allergies. It's a scary thought for me simply because I'm kind of a worry wart when it comes to health. If I have allergies, that probably also means that the symptoms will return. While I obviously know I will have a cold again, I don't want to have it each and every time a new season rolls around. Thinking I should go to the doctor right? Wrong. My parents are a bit cheap and money is tight and I just don't think a doctors appointment right now is what is needed in the budget. So, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I've been drugged up on cough drops, been taking ibuprofen, drinking lots of fluid, espescially with Vitamin-c (like orange juice and vitamin water), and been careful not to expose myself to any cold weather. But nothing's changed. It's been about two weeks now and I'm beginning to get worried. If I truly have allergies, I need to be on some medication. But what kind? I'm not the best at taking huge pills nor am I good at slurping down nasty cough tasting cherry medicine. So, I'm stuck world. Can anyone diagnose me? Tell me what I need to do? I don't know, but I wish that I could feel better. And, prom is just a weekend away. I don't wanna look sick for pictures nor do I wanna sound like this nasaly mess when talking to people at prom. So clear me up! I'm doing what I can mother nature, now you do what you can! Please and thank you :)


--Kiona


P.S. The picture above is a nasty cold. Not half as bad as mine, but see what I could amount to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment