Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Sunday


We all love egg hunts, whether we like to admit it or not. Even in my grown teenage years, I love the annual egg hunt our family does every Easter Sunday. Because it gives me a chance to feel like a kid again and I'll take any of those opportunities as they come knocking. Anyways, this Easter Sunday is a bit more complicated than most, mainly because I'm split between two family gatherings. It's not always easy trying to fit in a couple Christmases and holidays and what not, being in a family with my mother and step father and being in a family with my real father and his side of the family, but I've always learned to manage. This time, however, things aren't so simple. With my step-dad's Easter today, I knew I wasn't going to make it and that's because I have to work at two. So unfortunately, I'm missing one. Then, tomorrow, I can either go to my real dad's side of the family's Easter or my mother's side of the family's Easter. I know that each of my families love me unconditionally and they will be happy with whatever decision I make, but it's so hard to choose! I don't want any of the members of either family feel as though I don't love them and I mean of course it's not a matter of who I love more, it's just what I feel is best for me. That's why I've made my decision to stay with my family and go to my mother's side of the family's Easter. This is because 1) I'm alot closer with this side of the family, 2) I haven't seen alot of them in a while 3) I have alot of fun when I'm at my Grandma's. It's not like any of these reasons aren't true for my dad's side, but I do see them because they all live relatively close. Well, closer than my Grandma's and I see my cousin almost twice a week because we work at the same place and also because my dad, my real one, is a complete dickhole as I may have previously mentioned and I just don't feel like spending a day being around him. I know that's harsh and rude but it's just the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. I'd rather be away from him for as long as possible until I've come to terms with the fact that he'll never be the father I always wanted and needed. He was supposed to get me shoes for my birthday and we still haven't even gotten them. Plus, he owes me $50 from Christmas that he NEVER gave me. So basically, I just don't wanna deal with him. And he'd be all lovey-dovey and that's just not me, especially not with him. Anyways, I'm excited either way for tomorrow and wearing my easter best. Haha okay kidding because I treat Easter like Christmas and wear sweats and what not. But I'm also most excited for the Easter Egg Hunt! Now if you'll excuse me, I hear some coloring eggs time calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment