Thursday, April 1, 2010

PROM

So last year, I had a somewhat-wonderful somewhat-awful experience at Prom. First off, I was only a sophomore and at our school it's a senior-only prom unless you get asked by a senior. I wasn't super good friends with any of the seniors, I mean I knew a couple and I was close friends with a boy named Tyler Auman (which I have referred to in the past blogs), whom surprisingly asked me to Prom. I was super pumped and knew that I would have a good time with him. However, I broke my ankle like a week before so I ended up on crutches for the night, which is why it was somewhat awful. I tried my best to not let it get to me and I perservered and ended up having a decent night despite what had happened. Anyways, this year I also didn't think I would get asked to Prom. I mean, sure I'm friends with more of the seniors then I was last year, but still not any close friendships like the one I had with Tyler, but just general friends with alot of them. Of course I've got some haters out there, aka some senior girls who just don't like the fact that alot of the senior guys may be somewhat attracted to me. Who cares? I've never really let it get to me much, because after all it just looks better for me to be the mature one, especially when they're the older ones. Anyways, my point is: I got asked to Prom again this year. It was by Kevin Moore and while it didn't match up to quite the level Ty had got on by asking me it was still pretty cute. Kevin and I have been good friends since freshman year. We talked somewhat then, but we decided being friends was better for the both of us. While me and Kev have grown apart the past couple years, I still consider him a good friend and apparently he feels the same about me too, since he asked but he asked by putting a sign in my locker that says: Kiona, PROM? -Kevin. I was super surprised and very excited and immediately said yes but then I started thinking and I've got ALOT of work to do in just one short month. I have to get a dress, go tanning, get my hair done (which by the way I cut short so Idk how that's gonna work), and get shoes! It's alot on my plate if you ask me, especially because the next month or so I need to be working hard to pass my 3 AP exams, but I think I'll be okay. I'm pumped anyway though for Prom, but I have to go because dress shopping is calling my name!

Here's a link to a place that I plan on getting my prom dress at:

www.debs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment