Wednesday, April 14, 2010

VOTE 4 ME!

So, today as we were sitting in AP US History, discussing random things, speeches came on our television for student government office positions next year. The usual "leaders" of our class are in fact attempting to hold the offices for student government. President: Amy Hanson. No surprise there. She's been the class president the past three years, she runs for every office, she's the perfect child as I like to refer to her as. And I mean no satire in there. So, it didn't surprise me. However, then Sydney brought to everyone's attention that that means we have to have a new class president because, as the rules state, Amy can't hold both offices. Now, I don't think I've ever told you that I was the secretary of our class when I was a freshman and was defeated sophomore year, losing by one vote. But, since then, I haven't run again just because I don't want to go up against someone super smart again and lose. It's embarrassing, it sucks, and I just don't feel like putting myself through that. That being said, when Sydney made this comment I didn't think anything of it, simply because I decided a while ago I wasn't going to set my self up for disaster anymore. But then, Sydney makes a comment to me that I should run for class president. I laugh it off, instinctively, saying that it's pretty propostorous that I would do that and then it got me thinking: maybe I really should. I'm good at leadership positions, Ihave lots of good ideas, and I'm good at incorporating others opinions into it. Plus, the biggest job for this year will be Prom and god knows I could do lots with that. Hell, this will be my second year going and it's a senior prom. I've been to them, I know what it's like, and I feel like I could make ours a memorable night for all. That's why, I've decided, that I'm going to run for class president. Yes, this means that I have to give a speech shown to the entire school but hey that's okay, I can handle it. I've done it before and I'll do it again. So anyways, VOTE FOR KIONA FOR 2011 CLASS PRESIDENT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment