Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Opportunity

Today, I have an interview at a clothing store at the local mall. I'm super excited because I frequently shop this place anyways and to get a job there, would just be very ideal for me. In preparation, I've picked out the cutest dress I've ever seen that, coincidentally, I got from Vanity to wear with cute shoes I also, coincidentally, got from there. I've prepared mental answers to the questions I assume they're going to ask and I've allowed myself to remember everything I have done in case they ask about qualifications. Everything seems so right with getting this job, except for the miniscule detail, that I already HAVE a job.

Okay, so yeah I'm only seventeen years old, a junior in high shcool, and not alot of spare time, but that doesn't mean that I can't have two jobs. I know many of you out there are thinking I'm pretty crazy and trust me last Summer I would've said the same thing. But here are the things I've considered to open up my mind to having two jobs. For one, I'll be going off to college in one short year. Planning on going to University of Iowa, where it's approximately 20,000 a year. That's kind of a lot coming from a family of four children, the other three being in elementary and high school too. It's going to be a financial burden on my parents as is, so why not help them out a bit? I figure if I can retain the two jobs, I could save up up to 5,000 dollars. Second off, it's only for the summer. While I'll never forget the significance of my first job at the beloved OfficeMax, it won't matter to me anymore because at the end of the summer, I plan on getting rid of it that is if I get the job at Vanity. Because I not only will like the job more at Vanity, but it will be more beneficial to me because I'll be needing new clothes and what not and I can just get them there. So basically, I'm pretty stoked and I kinda have to go get ready for it so I guess I will let you know how it goes! My interview is at 3:30! WISH ME LUCK :)

here's the clothing store website:

www.vanity.com

Hoping I get some prettty sweeeet discounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment