Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Midterms?

Today, we had a walk through homeroom to recieve our grade report for the current term. Amazingly called, a midterm report, since we're half way through the final term of this year. It's weird to think that my junior year is 5/6 of the way done and in like five minutes I'll start the beginning of the end. Besides the fact that my senior year is looming closer and closer, my grades kinda-sorta SUCK currently. I blame it on my trip to Florida. This was at the beginning of the third term, therefore I missed three or four days of all my classes and lots of new material. As a result, I tried getting caught up but also tried to stay ahead and that was an epic fail. I forced myself to think I was ready to take half the quizzes and tests that I wasn't, and as a result did poorly on all of those. Being the beginning of the term, there was no other things in the grade book besides these bad scores, so I got really bad grades the first couple weeks. Slowly, I worked myself out of it and am still progressing. That doesn't mean that my grades have necessarily seen the best improvements and I'm still working to get them back to normalcy. So, right now, I'm looking at some low B's and A's. Eh, that's pretty bad for me. My GPA is still a 3.8, so that's really good compared to other students but not that good for me. I do really need to keep working but I just can't seem to motivate myself. With Florida only like thirty some days away, the anticipation is EATING ME ALIVE! I'm going crazy thinking I only have a short amount of time before the best time of my life, and it's really hard to focus! But, my AP Exams are coming really quickly too. I have my first one next Friday for AP U.S. History, one that I'm not necessarily too worried about because I've been reading a review book, along with taking practice exams online and in this review book. Plus, we're doing a review project for everyone to learn what they need to about a certain era. We've had a couple hard tests in there, which is mygrade is like a B, but by the end of the term I guarantee an A, because he said we're going to have lots of extra credit and easy projects. In AP Lang, I failed some in class essays and multiple choice shit so I had a D, but got it raised to a B with blog checks. Still think I could get at least a B plus for the term, but right now I'm rockin that 86 percent. In Spanish, well that's just stupid because our teacher gives us tests over the hardest and most randomest stuff that she never really has taught us. She has literally turned my love for Spanish off, and now I'm not even sure if I wanna take it next year, I mean really what's the point? Anyways, I've failed some tests in there so I have a B in there, which I'm hoping to raise to an A by the end of the year. Chemistry I'm doing just fine in, got that rockin 95 percent and not worried at all. In AP Psychology, I have a B plus because I'm getting points off like each week for daily grades although I have no idea why cus I always participate in class and stuff. Whatever. And in Algebra 2, well I just straight up don't understand half the stuff we've learned and are currently learning and I really have been trying to come in for extra help, but it's gonna be hard for me to whip out that A by the end of the year. So you know my grades are okay for now because it's just midterm, but I really have to do some work to get them up by the end of the year.

Want to visit my grades? Well here's the website:

www.powerschool.org

No comments:

Post a Comment